As a public service, Morris Hospital & Shaw Media have partnered to provide open access to information related to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) emergency. Sign up for the newsletter here
A La Salle County woman in her 90s died from complications related to COVID-19, according to a Friday press release from local health officials.
Her death is the 63rd COVID-19-related death countywide since the beginning of the pandemic.
The county had 30 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 — two boys younger than 13, two teenage boys, two teenage girls, five men in their 20s, a man in his 30s, two women in their 30s, two women in their 40s, two men in their 50s, three women in their 50s, three men in their 60s, two women in their 60s and four women in their 90s.
Peru had 16 additional cases Friday, bringing its count to 234 since the beginning of the pandemic. There are two open nursing home outbreaks in Peru. There have been 46 new cases of COVID-19 at Liberty Village of Peru - Manor Court among staff and residents and one new case at Heritage Health Peru in the past week.
There have been 2,314 confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus since the start of the pandemic, and of those, 1,678 have been released from isolation. Eighteen residents were recently released from isolation, meaning there are 573 active cases countywide.
There have been 38,347 tests taken among La Salle County residents and 6% have come back positive for the virus.
The Illinois Department of Public Health's ZIP code data (which sometimes lags behind county numbers) with changes since Thursday's report includes:
• Streator had five additional cases, increasing its total to 460.
• Ottawa had five additional cases, bringing its count to 398.
• Mendota had three additional cases, bringing its count to 337.
• Marseilles had two additional cases, bringing its count to 145.
• Somonauk, which also is in DeKalb County, had two additional cases, bringing its count to 58.
• Wenona, which also is in Marshall County, had two additional cases, bringing its count to 26.
• Oglesby had an additional case, bringing its count to 93.
• La Salle remained at 236.
• Sheridan remained at 83.
• Utica remained at 45.
• Seneca remained at 44.
• Earlville remained at 35.
• Leland remained at 28.
• Grand Ridge remained at 26.
• Tonica remained at 17.
• Lostant remained at 13.
• Millington, which also is in Kendall County, had an additional case, remained at 13.
• Serena remained at nine.
• Ransom remained at eight.
• Cedar Point remained at seven.