The Times relies on reports furnished by police in our coverage area. If you know of a police matter but do not see it reported in The Times, contact us at 815-431-4073 or email@example.com.
La Salle County
Dallas Parker, 35, of rural Sandwich, was arrested 5 a.m. Saturday on North 2650th Road on a complaint of domestic battery. Parker was taken to La Salle County Jail.
Keith Cousins, 28, homeless, was arrested 12:18 a.m. Saturday at Champlain Street and Norris Drive in Ottawa on a La Salle County warrant for failure to appear on a charge of battery. Cousins was taken to La Salle County Jail. Ashley Ealy, 30, Pontiac, was cited on a complaint of illegal transportation of alcohol during that traffic stop.
Andrew Johnson, 43, of rural Sheridan, was arrested 1:10 a.m. Friday on North 3739th Road on complaints of domestic battery, DUI and unlawful possession of ammunition without a FOID card. Johnson was taken to La Salle County Jail.
Ottawa firefighters responded 4:26 a.m. Monday to 400 E. Washington St. for an alarm activated by cooking odors.
At 9:23 p.m. Sunday, Ottawa firefighters responded to Columbus Street for a report of a vehicle leaking fuel. Firefighters spread kitty litter in and around the area of the leakage. The vehicle was towed by the owner.
Ottawa firefighters responded 8:23 p.m. Sunday to 900 Paul St. for an activated alarm. No fire, smoke or odors were found.
At 8:41 p.m. Saturday, Ottawa firefighters responded to 900 Paul St. for a resident stuck in the second floor elevator. Firefighters used their elevator keys to free the resident and to reset the elevators.
Ottawa firefighters responded 4:49 p.m. Saturday to 906 Canal St. for an activated alarm. Nothing unusual was found.
At 3:10 p.m. Sunday, Streator firefighters responded to 609 N. Everett St. for an alarm activated by cooking.
Streator firefighters responded 2:07 p.m. Saturday to 105 LaRue St. for a report of an illegal burn. The fire was determined to be legal.
At 1:36 p.m. Saturday, Streator firefighters responded to 307 W. Grant St. for an activated CO detector. The detector was determined to be faulty.
At 10:09 a.m. Saturday, Streator firefighters responded to 1529 E. Main St. for an alarm activated by construction dust.