The Times relies on reports furnished by police in our coverage area. If you know of a police matter but do not see it reported in The Times, contact us at 815-431-4050 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Stanley R. Wawerski, 41, Ottawa, was arrested Sunday in the 1900 block of Bluff Street on complaints of DUI, improper lane usage, no insurance, failing to reduce speed to avoid an accident and driving 70 mph in a 45-mph zone. He posted bond.
- Jennifer L. McCormick, 46, Ottawa, was arrested Sunday in the 1100 block of Armstrong Street on complaints of DUI, no insurance and improper use of turn signal. She was given a court date.
- A vehicle driven by Julie Terando, 46, Ottawa, hit the rear of a vehicle driven by Annette Thrush, 57, rural Marseilles, at about 8:08 a.m. Thursday at Norris Drive and Columbus Street. There were no injuries, but Terando was cited on a complaint of failing to reduce speed to avoid an accident.
- Three Streator boys, two age 14 and one age 13, were taken into custody Friday on complaints they burglarized a home. They were taken to the county detention home.
- Robert Grieves, 27, Streator, was arrested at 4:57 p.m. Saturday at his home on a domestic battery complaint. He was taken to the La Salle County Jail.
- Kristopher Greenfield, 23, Metamora, was cited at 6:57 a.m. Sunday in the 1300 block of East Elm Street on complaints of obstructing police and theft. He was given a court date.
- Lainee Hallowell, 34, Streator, was cited at 10:27 p.m. Sunday in the 900 block of Hoyne Street on a complaint of driving while license suspended. She was given a court date.
- A report was received Saturday morning someone entered an unlocked vehicle the previous night in the 200 block of West Grant Street, stealing a key.
- Sometime since Friday, a pair of shoes were stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 200 block of West Grant Street, according to a report from Sunday morning.
La Salle County
- Michael Brennan, 34, Grand Ridge, was arrested at 5:20 a.m. Sunday on the Grand Ridge Blacktop, about three miles east of Grand Ridge, on complaints of DUI, driving while license suspended and improper parking on a road. He was taken to the county jail.
- Justeen Negray, 21, Streator, was arrested at 10:11 a.m. Sunday at her home on warrants for failing to appear in court on charges of obstructing identification and possessing a controlled substance. She was taken to the La Salle County Jail.
- Chad C. McConville, 31, La Salle, was arrested at 11:31 p.m. Friday at Starved Rock State Park on a complaint of DUI. Police said McConville's 2011 Lincoln MKX had gone off a road, hit a wooden sign and turned over at an embankment. He was treated at a hospital and released. He also posted bond.
- Ottawa firefighters responded at 1:22 a.m. Sunday to 1707 Poplar St. for a smoke alarm. They found nothing.
- At 7:15 p.m. Saturday, Ottawa firefighters responded to 400 E. Washington St. for a fire alarm. They found burning candles caused the alarm.
- Ottawa firefighters responded at 10:43 a.m. Saturday to Roxy Cinemas, 827 La Salle St. for a fire alarm. Steam from the popcorn machine was the cause.
- At 12:32 a.m. Saturday, Ottawa firefighters responded to 100 E. Prospect Ave. for a carbon monoxide alarm. They found nothing.
- Ottawa firefighters responded at 9:21 p.m. Friday to 900 Paul St. for a fire alarm. They found burning candles were the cause.