The Times relies on reports furnished by police in our coverage area. If you know of a police matter but do not see it reported in The Times, contact us at 815-431-4050, 815-431-4082 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Officers responded Wednesday to a report of retail theft of a bottle of alcohol in the 900 block of East Main Street. An investigation is pending.
- James D. Rieuf, 49, Ottawa, was cited Wednesday at the 400 block of West Norris Drive on a complaint of driving while license revoked. He posted $150 bond.
- George C. Warren, 47, Ottawa, was arrested Wednesday in the 500 block of Lafayette Street on charges of DUI, improper lane usage, disobeying a stop sign and unlawful possession of open alcohol. He was issued an individual bond.
La Salle County
- Chelsey Geary, 19, Streator was arrested Wednesday on a complaint of domestic battery of a family member. Geary was taken to county jail.
- Heather L. Messick, 30, Leonore, was arrested 12:14 a.m. Thursday on a complaint of domestic battery of a household member. She was taken to La Salle County Jail.
- Ottawa firefighters responded at 8:55 a.m. Wednesday to La Salle County Housing Authority, 900 Paul St. for an activated alarm. A maintenance worker had activated the alarm. The alarm panel was checked and all systems were normal.
- Ottawa firefighters responded at 9:14 a.m. Wednesday to 1314 W. Jackson St. for a chirping smoke detector. The batteries were removed and replaced.
- Streator firefighters responded at 6:34 p.m. Wednesday to 1002 N. Park St. for a vehicle fire. The fire was extinguished.
- Streator firefighters responded at 5:19 a.m. Thursday to 609 N. Everett St. for an activated alarm. There was burnt food.