The Times relies on reports furnished by police in our coverage area. If you know of a police matter but do not see it reported in The Times, contact us at 815-431-4050, 815-431-4082 or email@example.com.
- Christina Francis, 23, Ottawa, was cited Saturday on Route 71 on complaints of driving while license suspended and operating an uninsured vehicle.
- Michael W. Wagner, 35, Marseilles, was cited Sunday at East Norris Drive and Champlain Street on a complaint of no valid driver's license.
- Rickee Ziegler, 38, Ottawa, was arrested was cited Sunday in the 100 block of West Van Buren Street on a complaint of domestic battery. Ziegler was taken to the county jail.
- Anna M. Vandiver, 34, Ottawa, was arrested Sunday at their home on two out-of-state warrants in Kentucky for contempt and flagrant non-support. Vandiver was taken to the county jail.
- Fawn L.A. Petrus, 52, Ottawa, was arrested Sunday at their home on a complaint of domestic battery. Petrus was taken to the county jail.
- Taylor L. Bockelman, 19, Streator, was cited Friday at West Main and Walker streets on a complaint of driving while license suspended. Bockelman posted individual bond.
- Matthew E. Lane, 20, Ottawa, was cited Friday at West Main and Walker streets on complaints of cannabis and drug paraphernalia. Lane posted individual bond.
- Michael J. Murphy, 52, Ottawa, was cited Friday at 1511 Chestnut St. on a complaint of battery. Murphy was given a notice to appear.
- Katherine A. Burns, 31, Ottawa, was arrested Saturday in the 400 block of Courtney Street on complaints of DUI, unsafe use of tires and operating an uninsured motor vehicle. Burns posted $100 and her driver's license.
- Johnathan Sefcik, 33, Morris, was arrested Saturday at Jefferson and Clinton streets on complaints of DUI, failure to signal/disregarding a stop sign, no headlights when required and illegal transportation of alcohol. Sefcik posted $100 and his driver's license.
Samantha A. Davis, 27, Streator, was cited at 1:53 a.m. Monday at Wasson and Kent streets on a complaint of driving while license revoked. She was given a court date.
A report came in Sunday morning two windows on a vehicle were broken the previous night in the 300 block of South Monroe Street.
A report was received Saturday evening a vehicle window was broken the previous night in the 300 block of West Grant Street.
According to a report, windows on three vehicles were broken to gain entry, with three purses stolen, at the YMCA, 710 Oakley Ave. A window on a fourth vehicle was broken, but no entry was made.
On Friday, a report came in an unloaded black-and-green Glock pistol was stolen from an unlocked vehicle, during the past couple of days in the 300 block of West Stanton Street.
- John Hurtig, 23, Sheridan, was arrested at 1:06 a.m. Sunday at Route 71 and North 36th Road on complaints of DUI, operating an uninsured motor vehicle, improper lane usage and driving on the shoulder as well as a Kendall County failure to appear warrant on a charge of deceptive practices. Hurtig was taken to the county jail. Bond is $500 for release.
- Joseph Sisson, 30, Streator, was arrested at 1:10 p.m. Sunday at his home on a Will County failure to appear warrant on a charge of domestic battery. Sisson was taken to the county jail.
- Ottawa firefighters responded to smoke odor investigation at 5:39 p.m. Friday at 501 Avon Lane. The burning smell was traced to a refrigerator that was unplugged.
- Ottawa firefighters responded to a fire alarm at 6:28 p.m. Friday at Roxy Cinemas, 827 La Salle St, caused by burnt popcorn.
- Ottawa firefighters responded to a possible gas leak at 8:10 a.m. Sunday at 1413 Dakota Drive. The smell was traced to an oven that was disconnected.