The Times relies on reports furnished by police in our coverage area. If you know of a police matter but do not see it reported in The Times, contact us at 815-431-4050, 815-431-4082 or email@example.com.
- A 15-year-old, Ottawa, was arrested Thursday in the 100 block of East Lafayette Street on a custodial youth warrant.
- James T. Reilly, 63, Ottawa, was cited at 11:14 p.m. Thursday at Main and Fillmore streets on complaints of obstructing a peace officer and disregarding a stop sign. Reilly was given a notice to appear in court.
- Samantha Davis, 27, Streator, was arrested Thursday at Wasson and Kent streets on complaints of driving while license suspended. Davis was given a notice to appear.
La Salle County
- Delores Tully, 49, Ransom, was cited Thursday at 2466 N. 13th Road for leaving the scene of an accident and failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident. Police cited Tully while investigating a single-vehicle crash.
- Brandon Bruce, 30, Ottawa, was arrested Thursday on a La Salle County warrant for a civil writ. Bruce was taken to the county jail with bond set at $1,000.
- Ottawa firefighters responded at 3:30 a.m. Friday to 900 Paul St. for fire alarm caused by cooking.
- Ottawa firefighters responded at 10:07 a.m. Thursday to 307 Courtney St. for a call regarding a smell of natural gas in the area. Firefighters detected an odor near the driveway but not near the home or gas utility. Firefighter contacted Nicor gas and the city of Ottawa public works.
- Streator firefighters responded at 1:09 p.m. Thursday to 609 N. Everett St. for a fire alarm caused by cooking.