Since 1943, every U.S. president has designated March as Red Cross Month to recognize how the Red Cross helps people across the country and around the world. Red Cross Month is a celebration of supporters, who are the face of the Red Cross in their communities and bring hope to people facing emergencies.
To make an appointment to donate blood, download the free Red Cross Blood Donor App, visit redcrossblood.org or call 800-733-2767. Upcoming donation opportunities in La Salle County include:
- 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturday, March 3, Farm Ridge Township Building, 228 W. Penn St., Grand Ridge.
- Noon to 5 p.m. Thursday, March 1, First Congregational United Church of Christ, 255 E. Bluff St., Marseilles.
- Noon to 5 p.m. Friday, March 9, OSF St. Paul Medical Center, 1401 12th St., Mendota.
- 1:30 to 5:30 p.m. Thursday, March 1, First Baptist Church, 1401 State St., Ottawa.
- Noon to 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 6, Illinois Valley Chapter Donation Center, 1530 Fourth St., Peru.
- Noon to 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 20, Illinois Valley Chapter Donation Center, 1530 Fourth St., Peru.
- 1:45 to 6 p.m. Thursday, March 1, New Beginnings Baptist Church, 204 S. Monroe St., Streator.
- 1:30 to 5:30 p.m. Wednesday, March 14, Teleperformance, 12 Northpoint Drive, Streator.
- 8:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday, March 15, New Beginnings Baptist Church, 204 S. Monroe, Streator.
- 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday, March 16, Streator High School, 202 W. Lincoln Ave., Streator.