The Times relies on reports furnished by police in our coverage area. If you know of a police matter but do not see it reported in The Times, contact us at 815-431-4050, 815-431-4082 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
La Salle County
- Joseph W. Verda, 26, Sandwich, was arrested at 3:38 a.m. Saturday at the 1800 block of Irene Drive on complaints of domestic battery for causing bodily injury to a household member. Verda was taken to La Salle County Jail.
- Bradley R. Huddleston, 43, Aurora, Ind., was arrested at 1:53 a.m. Sunday at Route 23 near 2450th Road in South Ottawa Township on complaints of DUI, driving while license suspended and obstructing a peace officer. Huddleston was taken to La Salle County Jail.
- Yesenia Romero Samano, 39, Mendota, was cited for operating an uninsured motor vehicle at 6:08 a.m. Friday following a two-vehicle crash at Route 251 near North 46th Road in Mendota Township. Police said Romero Samano was traveling southbound on Route 251 when she crossed into the northbound lane and collided with a vehicle traveling northbound driven by Jeffrey W. Bonnell, 33, Mendota. Bonnell was transported to OSF St. Paul Medical Center in Mendota.
- Following a single-vehicle crash at 6:53 p.m. Friday in Grand Rapids Township, Jessica E. Stirens, 25, Grand Ridge, was transported to OSF St. Elizabeth Medical Center in Ottawa. Police said Stirens was traveling northbound on East 22nd Road near North 23rd Road when she lost control of her vehicle on the snow-covered road, entered the ditch and struck a street sign. No citations were issued.
- Ryan M. Meglan, 29, Ottawa, was arrested Sunday at 2750 Columbus Street on a complaint of driving while license suspended. He posted individual bond.
- Streator firefighters responded to a carbon monoxide alarm at 11:33 a.m. Friday to 407 W. Grant St. The detector was determined to be faulty.
- Streator firefighters responded at 4:21 p.m. Friday to the corner of Lincoln Avenue and Bloomington Street to assist in a two-vehicle crash. No injuries were reported.
- Streator firefighters responded to an alarm at 10:44 p.m. Friday to 609 N. Everett St. Cooking activated the alarm.