The Times relies on reports furnished by police in our coverage area. If you know of a police matter but do not see it reported in The Times, contact us at 815-431-4050, 815-431-4082 or email@example.com.
- Paul J. Wenglewski, 59, Ottawa, was cited Thursday following a traffic stop on Columbus Street near Reynolds Manor Drive on complaints of driving while license suspended and a defective windshield. Wenglewski posted an individual bond and was released.
- Loren E. Jessen, 32, Ottawa, was cited Thursday in the 300 block of West LaFayette Street on a complaint of criminal damage to property. Jessen was given a notice to appear in court.
- Andria D. Downey, 42, Marseilles, was cited Thursday following a traffic stop on Chestnut Street near Washington Street on a complaint of driving while license suspended. Downey posted $150 and was released.
- Jasmine D. Scott, 23, Ottawa, was cited Thursday following a traffic stop in the 1100 block of West LaFayette Street on complaints of driving while license suspended and no insurance. Scott posted an individual bond and was released.
- Nicholas E. Serby, 20, Ottawa, was cited Thursday in the 2100 block of Fields Place on complaints of DUI, improper lane usage, speeding, unsafe tires and unlawful consumption of alcohol by a minor. Serby posted his drivers license and an individual bond before being released.
- Leodies Jordan III, 31, Streator was arrested at 7:21 p.m. Thursday after a traffic stop on East Wilson Street near South Sterling Street on a county warrant for delivery of a controlled substance. Jordan was taken to La Salle County Jail.
- Anne Elias, 38, Streator, was cited at 1:49 a.m. Friday following an incident in the 900 block of Painter Street for DUI. Elias was given a notice to appear in La Salle County court.
La Salle County
- Charles Grover, 64, Leland, was arrested following a traffic stop on North 4253rd Road in Adams Township for DUI, driving with a blood alcohol content of .08 or more and failure to signal when required. Grover was taken to La Salle County Jail.
- Streator firefighters responded at 8:07 p.m. Thursday to a report of a furnace fire at a residence in the 100 block of LaRue Street. Responders traced the problem to a "bad blower motor."
- Streator firefighters responded at 11:35 p.m. Thursday to extinguish an illegal burn in the 600 block of North Monroe St.