The Times relies on reports furnished by police in our coverage area. If you know of a police matter but do not see it reported in The Times, contact us at 815-431-4050, 815-431-4082 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ryan W. Arroyo, 31, Streator, was arrested Saturday at First Avenue and McKinley Road on complaints of DUI, improper lane usage and no insurance. He posted bond at the county jail.
- Arlie J. Rice, 47, Ottawa, was arrested Saturday at his home on a domestic battery complaint. He was taken to the county jail.
- John R. Pierce, 30, Ottawa, was arrested Monday morning in the 500 block of Utica Drive on complaints of domestic battery and trespass to state-supported property. He was taken to the county jail.
- Shane M. Wilkins, 39, Ottawa, was arrested Sunday in the 1100 block of Clinton Street on complaints of DUI, driving while license revoked, failing to notify police of an accident, improper lane usage, no insurance and failing to give information after striking property. He was taken to the county jail.
- Magdalene M. Galara, 23, Lemont, was cited Saturday at Fremont and Guion streets on a complaint of resisting police. She was given a court date.
- A report was received Friday a vehicle parked on Allen Street, near Catherine Street, was hit by an unknown vehicle.
La Salle County
- Eric Vissering, 33, Streator, was arrested at 8:50 a.m. Sunday at his home on a warrant for driving while license revoked. He was taken to the county jail.
- Traci Caldwell, 48, Peru, was arrested at 1:56 p.m. Sunday at her home on a warrant for failing to appear in court on a forgery charge. She was taken to the county jail.
- Ottawa firefighters responded at 10:55 p.m. Sunday to 400 E. Washington St. for a fire alarm set off by cooking.
- At 5:40 a.m. Sunday and later that day at 7:15 p.m., Ottawa firefighters responded to 906 Canal St. for fire alarms set off by cooking.
- Ottawa firefighters responded at 5:42 p.m. Saturday to 150 Prairie Ave. for a carbon monoxide alarm. The detector was faulty.
- Streator firefighters responded at 8:17 p.m. Sunday for a report of an outdoor fire at 215 Water St. They determined the fire was a legal camp fire.
- Streator firefighters responded at 6:22 a.m. Monday to 207 S. Vermillion St., for what turned out to be a false fire alarm.