The Times relies on reports furnished by police in our coverage area. If you know of a police matter but do not see it reported in The Times, contact us at 815-431-4050, 815-431-4082 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Leo D. Downey, 37, homeless, was cited Sunday at Columbus and Jones streets on a complaint of retail theft. Downey was given a notice to appear.
- Anita Stevens, 72, Ottawa, was arrested Sunday in the 100 block of West Norris Drive on complaints of DUI and failure to reduce speed. Stevens posted an individual bond.
- Kyle Vanda, 19, Ottawa, was arrested Saturday at First Avenue and Lawndale Avenue for driving while license suspended, suspended registrations and failure to appear for possession. Vanda posted $275 bond.
- Ella C. Kiaunis, 57, Ottawa, was arrested Sunday at McKinley Road and First Avenue on complaints of DUI and improper lane usage. Kiaunis posted individual bond.
- Katy R. Jones, 32, Ottawa, was cited Saturday in the 300 block of Lafayette Street for criminal damage to property. Jones was given a notice to appear.
- Audra Wagner, 31, Ancona, was struck by a vehicle turning too sharply at 1:15 p.m. Friday while Wagner was in a parking space on the west side of La Salle Street near West Superior Street. Wagner followed the vehicle expecting it to stop, but only got the driver's license plate. The unknown male was test driving the vehicle from Kenn Motors. The business owner said the suspect left before the owner could get his personal information. The vehicle sustained damage to the passenger side hub cap area and passenger side rear bumper. Wagner's vehicle sustained damage to the driver's side front fender and bumper.
- An unknown driver struck a utility pole Saturday on Champlain Street knocking it 3 feet to the southeast. The vehicle is believed to be a Ford as an emblem, similar to those on the front of Ford vehicles, was found near the pole. The estimated cost for Ameren to replace that pole is $5,000.
- Medication was reported stolen from a house between 6 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 12, and Friday, Dec. 15, in the 600 block of North Monroe Street.
- Police received a report about at 8:23 p.m. Sunday that someone fired a BB gun at screens, windows and siding in the 800 block of South Monroe Street. An investigation is pending.
- Christmas lights were reported damaged overnight Sunday in the 600 block of North Sterling Street.
- Police received a report of damage to garage windows in the 1000 block of Cable Street. It was believed to have happened at the beginning of December.
- The back windows of a vehicle in the 700 block of North Monroe Street were damaged Saturday.
- Medication was stolen from a house Friday in the 100 block of North Bloomington Street.
- A vehicle's back door was struck with what is believed to be a BB or pellet gun early Sunday morning in the 600 block of South Monroe Street.
- Wayne Fountain, 32, Streator, was arrested at 7:48 p.m. Sunday in the 400 block of East Livingston Street, for a Franklin County, Tenn., warrant for theft. He was taken to the La Salle County Jail.
- A vehicle's window and a house's front-door window were reported damaged Sunday in the 1000 block of Lundy Street.
- A garage window was reported damaged with a BB or pellet Sunday in the 600 block of North Park Street.
- Michael Tafoa, 23, Aurora, was arrested at 5:23 p.m. Sunday for driving with a suspended or revoked license. He was given a notice to appear in court.
La Salle County
- Jason Tramell, 43, Morris, was arrested at 3:30 p.m. Sunday at Woodsmoke Ranch, an RV park, in Seneca on a complaint of battery. This was after deputies responded to an altercation between two men. Tramell was taken to the La Salle County Jail.
- Streator firefighters responded at 5:05 p.m. Sunday at 705 E. Kent St. to a report of illegal burning. The fire was put out.
- Ottawa firefighters responded to a call at 1:20 p.m. Saturday at 505 College Ave. caused by cooking smoke. The alarm was reset.