The Times relies on reports furnished by police in our coverage area. If you know of a police matter but do not see it reported in The Times, contact us at 815-431-4050, 815-431-4082 or email@example.com.
- A 16-year-old Ottawa girl was cited Thursday in the 2500 block of Champlain Street on complaints of driving while license revoked and operating a vehicle with suspended registration. The juvenile was released after posting an individual bond.
- Jamie L. Rivera, 33, Ottawa, was cited Thursday in the 100 block of Erickson Street on a complaint of domestic battery. Police also found Rivera was wanted for an Illinois Department of Corrections warrant.
- Anthony W. McKinney, 26, Ottawa, was cited Thursday following a traffic stop in the 100 block of East Norris Street on complaints of DUI. McKinney posted his driver's license and an individual bond before being released.
- Joshua Williams, 32, Streator, was cited at 8:01 a.m. Thursday in the 2100 block of North Bloomington Street on complaints of possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia. Streator police were aided in the arrest by state parole agents. Williams was given a notice to appear in La Salle County Court.
- A report of a person carrying a gun was investigated by police at 1:23 p.m. Thursday in the 1400 block of North Bloomington Street. Officers made contact with the person and found the weapon to be a BB gun.
- A complaint is being investigated about an unknown person who kicked in the front door of a home in the 400 block of Sangamon Street and then fled at 10:34 a.m. Thursday. Responders checked the area around the residence and found no suspects.
La Salle County
- Bernabe Ruiz, 52, Seneca, was arrested at 8:26 a.m. Thursday on a La Salle County warrant for a driving while license suspended charge. Ruiz was taken to La Salle County Jail.
- John Simmons, 39, Marseilles, was arrested at 9:15 a.m. Thursday on a La Salle County failure to appear warrant for a charge of driving while licenses revoked. Simmons was taken to La Salle County Jail.
- Clyde Collins, 82, Marseilles was cited at 1:59 p.m. Thursday following a traffic stop on U.S. 6 on complaints of driving while license revoked and no insurance. Collins was given a notice to appear in court.