The Times relies on reports furnished by police in our coverage area. If you know of a police matter but do not see it reported in The Times, contact us at 815-431-4050, 815-431-4082 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Byron J. Brady, 43, Ottawa was arrested Wednesday on Columbus Street near Fremont Street on a Peoria County failure to appear warrant for violation of a court order. Brady was taken to La Salle County Jail.
- A vehicle was reported vandalized sometime between Nov. 28 and Nov. 29 in the 100 block of West Hickory Street. A marker was used to write on a door.
La Salle County
- Daniel Salazar, 30, Ottawa, was arrested Wednesday on a La Salle county failure to appear warrant for retail theft. Salazar was taken to La Salle County Jail.
- Cayetano Guerrero, 23, of Streator was arrested Wednesday on a La Salle County body attachment/writ. Guerrero posted $130 cash and was released.
- Ottawa firefighters responded at 2:01 p.m. Wednesday to 900 Paul St. to an alarm activated by cooking odors. No fire of loss reported.
- Ottawa firefighters responded at 3:17 p.m. Wednesday to 1860 Canal St. to extinguish a rubbish/field fire. Responders found a construction debris fire had spread to a nearby field. Ottawa police went to the scene and cited property owner Louis Kanellis for illegal burning.
- Streator firefighters responded at 11:05 a.m. Wednesday to 11 North Point Drive for a natural gas odor investigation. Responders did not find any elevated levels of natural gas on the property.
- Streator firefighters responded at 8:52 a.m. Thursday to an illegal outdoor burn in the 500 block of South Vermilion St. The property owner extinguished the small fire.