The Times relies on reports furnished by police in our coverage area. If you know of a police matter but do not see it reported in The Times, contact us at 815-431-4050, 815-431-4082 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A report was received Tuesday morning a burglar stole a small amount of cash from a vehicle, between 5 p.m. Monday and 8:30 a.m. Tuesday in the 800 block of Bazore Street.
- A 17-year-old Streator boy was taken at 11:18 a.m. Tuesday to the La Salle County Detention Home on a warrant for probation violation.
- At 5:04 p.m. Tuesday at the police station, police took a report of a sexual assault. The report is under investigation.
- A 17-year-old Streator boy was taken into custody at 1:21 a.m. Wednesday on a complaint he stole a vehicle in the 500 block of South Bloomington Street. He was released to a parent.
- In October, police received 1,081 calls, made 25 arrests and 183 traffic stops, issuing 134 citations and 49 warnings.
- Ottawa firefighters responded at 4:01 p.m. Tuesday to 116 W. Jefferson St. for a natural gas smell. They found the smell was from a stove with burners out, and found carbon monoxide coming from the furnace, which they shut down.
- Ottawa firefighters responded at 7:16 p.m. Tuesday to 2423 Reynolds Manor Drive for a natural gas odor. They found nothing.
- Streator firefighters responded at 9:08 a.m. Tuesday to 1206 E. Elm St. for a fire alarm, which turned out to be false.
- Streator firefighters responded at 5:43 p.m. Tuesday to cover the Grand Ridge Fire Department, while those firefighters were handling a traffic crash.
- At 5:10 a.m. Wednesday, Streator firefighters responded to 606 E. Morrell St. for what turned out to be an alarm malfunction.