The Times relies on reports furnished by police in our coverage area. If you know of a police matter but do not see it reported in The Times, contact us at 815-431-4050, 815-431-4082 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ryan A. Reinke, 34, was arrested at his residence Friday for domestic battery. He was taken to La Salle County Jail.
- Scott A. Valentine, 19, of Ottawa, was cited Friday on Columbus Street near Post Street on a complaint of criminal damage to property. Valentine was given a notice to appear in court.
- A man reported Thursday someone tried to use his personal information to gain unemployment benefits.
- Police responded at 2:27 p.m. Thursday to the 900 block of Hall Street for a domestic argument. They gave one of the parties a ride to another location.
- Police responded at 2:52 p.m. Thursday to the 500 block of West Frech Street for a report of a fight. The suspect left before police arrived, but the matter is under investigation.
- Police responded at 4:46 p.m. Thursday to the 1000 block of East First Street for a domestic battery report.
- Police took a sexual assault report at 6:05 p.m. Thursday at the police station.The matter is under investigation.
- An officer responded at 7:20 p.m. Thursday to Stanton and Vermillion streets, where they had been told juveniles were possibly damaging property at a closed business. The officer did not find any juveniles or damage.
- Police took a report at 7:25 p.m. Thursday a home in the 500 block of South Park Street had been burglarized, with money and prescription medicine stolen.
La Salle County
- Amber L. Schmotzer, 31, of La Salle, was arrested at 10:17 a.m. Thursday on a La Salle County warrant for aggravated battery to a peace officer. Schmotzer was taken to La Salle County Jail.
- Joshua J. Meschino, 27, of Naperville, was arrested at 5:01 p.m. Thursday on a Livingston County failure to appear warrant for driving while license suspended. Meschino was taken to La Salle County Jail.
- Thomas S. Breeden, 51, of Ottawa was arrested at 8:38 p.m. Thursday on a La Salle County warrant for failure to register as a sex offender, Breeden was taken to La Salle County Jail.
- Cody. M. Working, 25, of Sandwich, was cited at 10:10 p.m. Thursday following a traffic stop on Route 34 near East 17th Road in Earl Township on complaints of DUI, DUI with blood alcohol concentration of 0.08 or more, speeding and no valid drivers license. Working was taken to La Salle County Jail.
- Maxwell Z. Soszko, 22, of Warrenville, was cited at 1:16 a.m. Friday following a traffic stop on County Highway 2 near North 47th Road in Northville Township on complaints of DUI, DUI with blood alcohol concentration of 0.08 or more. Soszko was taken to La Salle County Jail.