A University of Illinois Master Gardener will give an overview of composting Monday at Reddick Public Library.
Robbin Keenan will present "Intro to Composting" from 6 to 7 p.m. at the library, 1010 Canal St., Ottawa. The presentation will address vermi-composting, which is composting with worms. Attendees can learn how to reduce waste and save money by coverting fruit and vegetable scraps into a nutrient-rich soil component for houseplants and gardens.
Registration is required for this event. Call the library at 815-434-0509 for more information.
Additional events taking place this week at the library include:
• Bingo for kindergateners through sixth-graders, 4:30 to 5:15 p.m. Monday, April 15: Bingo games with candy prizes.
• Italian Language Group, 5 to 6 p.m. Tuesday, April 16: A free group for teens and adults interested in learning the Italian Language.
• Board games and crafts, 5:30 to 7 p.m. Tuesday, April 16: Seventh- through 12th-graders can work on making stress balls in addition to playing video and board games.
• Bunny Hop, 10:30 to 11:15 a.m. Wednesday, April 17: A story time for ages 6 months to 6 years will focus on bunnies.
• Tween Scene, 5 to 6:30 p.m. Thursday, April 18: Fourth- through sixth-graders can play games, work on crafts and eat snacks.
• Movie Matinee for Adults, 1 to 3 p.m. Friday, April 19: The library will show "Green Book," the Academy Award winner for Best Picture, and serve free popcorn.
• The Loop Group, 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. Saturday, April 20: Learn to knit and crochet with knowledgeable people.