The American Red Cross once again is seeking donors of all blood types, particularly type O. The organization reports a need to collect about 13,000 blood donations and more than 2,500 platelet donations daily, according to a press release.
Upcoming donation opportunities in La Salle County include:
• 8:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday, March 21, New Beginnings Baptist Church, 204 S. Monroe St., Streator.
• 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday, March 22, Streator High School, 202 W. Lincoln Ave., Streator.
• 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday, March 27, Marquette Academy High School, 1000 Paul St., Ottawa.
• Noon 5 p.m. Thursday, March 28, First Congregational United Church of Christ, 255 E. Bluff St., Marseilles.
• Noon to 5 p.m. Tuesday, April 2, Carpenters Local 174, 1001 Boyce Memorial Drive, Ottawa.
• Noon to 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, April 2, Illinois Valley Chapter Donation Center, 1530 Fourth St., Peru.
• 1 to 6 p.m. Wednesday, April 3, Woodland High School, 5800 E. 3000 N. Road, Streator.
• 1:45 to 6 p.m. Thursday, April 4, New Beginnings Baptist Church, 204 S. Monroe St., Streator.
• 1:30 to 5:30 p.m. Thursday, April 4, First Baptist Church, 1401 State St., Ottawa.
• 3 to 7 p.m. Friday, April 5, Marseilles Elementary School, 201 Chicago St., Marseilles.
• 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday, April 12, Serena High School, 2283 N. 3812th Road, Serena.
• Noon to 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, April 16, Illinois Valley Chapter Donation Center, 1530 Fourth St., Peru.
• 8:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday, April 18, New Beginnings Baptist Church, 204 S. Monroe St., Streator.
Mississippi Valley blood drive set April 12
Mississippi Valley Regional Blood Center will conduct a blood drive from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday, April 12, in the main floor conference rooms at OSF St. James John W. Albrecht Medical Center in Pontiac. Blood donors can schedule an appointment to give blood by calling 815-842-4935 or at bloodcenterimpact.org/donor/schedules/drive_schedule/83295. Walk-ins are welcome, although appointments are preferred. Donors should bring a photo ID for use in donor registration.
All persons age 17 years and older, or 16 years old with a signed parental permission form, who weigh at least 110 pounds and are in general good health meet the basic eligibility requirements for blood donation.
The MVRBC is the exclusive provider of blood and blood components to 95 hospitals in Illinois, Iowa, Missouri and Wisconsin, including 11 of 13 OSF HealthCare facilities.