Janice Fritsch will be at the Somonauk Public Library, 700 E. La Salle St., Somonauk, at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 19, to explain the basics of the most popular DNA tests.
Additional library programming in March includes:
• Historian Jim Gibbons will present about the life of Helen Keller at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 26. He will describe Keller’s childhood and how she became a role model.
• Virtual reality sessions using Oculus will be available from 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesday, March 27. Anyone age 16 or older can participate in 15-minute intervals on a first come, first served basis.
• The Heartland Blood Center will conduct a blood drive from 3 to 7 p.m. Thursday, March 28. Schedule a donation by registering at heartlandbc.org or by calling the library at 815-498-2440.
• "Intro to Computers, Internet and Email" will run from 2 to 4 p.m. Friday, March 22. No experience needed. A small fee is due upon registration. Space is limited. Call the library at 815-498-2440 for more information or to register.
• "Intermediate Computers, Internet and Email" will run from 2 to 4 p.m. Friday, March 29. The intro class is required first. A small fee is due at registration. Space is limited.
• Knitting and Crocheting Circle meets from 3 to 5 p.m. the second Friday of each month. All skill levels are welcome.
• Writer's Group, for young adults and adults age 18 or older, meets from 3 to 5:30 p.m. the first and third Thursday of each month.
• Genealogy Group meets at 6 p.m. the fourth Monday of each month. Signup is requested but not necessary.
• Wednesday Bingo takes place at 12:30 p.m. the first three Mondays of the month.
• Adult and Teens Coloring, Music and Cookies is from 2 to 4 p.m. every Monday and 4 to 6 p.m. Friday.
• Book discussion groups include: Men’s Book Group, 10 a.m. the last Tuesday of each month, no March 26 meeting; History Book Group, 6 p.m. second Monday of each month; Mystery Book Group, 6 p.m. third Thursday of each month; Thursday Night Book Group, 7 p.m. second Thursday of each month.
• Preschool Story Hour for ages 2, 3 and 4, 10:30 a.m. Mondays and Tuesdays; 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Wednesdays. Registration required.
• Lego Mania, 4 p.m. Monday, March 25, open to all children.
• STEM activity for kindergarten through fifth grade, 4 p.m. Thursday, March 21. Registration required.
• Paws for Reading for first through fifth grade, 4 to 5:15 p.m. Thursday, March 28. Registration required.
• PJ Tales for children ages 10 and older, 6 p.m. Thursday, March 28. Registration required.
Tween activities (ages 10 to 13)
Makerspace, 4 p.m. Tuesday, March 19. Registration requested.
STEM Activity, 4 p.m. Tuesday, March 26. Registration requested.
• St. Patrick Story Hour and Teddy Bear Workshop for ages 3 to 6, 1 p.m. Saturday, March 16.
• Family movie at noon Wednesday, March 27.
• Craft Day, 10:30 a.m. Friday, March 29. Drop-ins welcome.