The Times relies on reports furnished by police in our coverage area. If you know of a police matter but do not see it reported in The Times, contact us at 815-431-4050 or email@example.com.
Two men were arrested after a fight Tuesday night at First and Sterling streets. Ervin Stillwell, 55, Streator, was arrested on complaints of aggravated battery and obstructing police. James Stillwell, 53, of the same address as Ervin, was arrested on complaints of aggravated assault and obstructing police. Ervin was taken to the La Salle County Jail and James was released with a court date.
A fraud report was received at 10:36 a.m. Tuesday at Streator National Bank, 409 E. Bridge St. The matter is under investigation.
A report was received Tuesday afternoon a wallet was stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 200 block of South First Avenue.
A report from Tuesday afternoon said a chain link fence was damaged, apparently by a vehicle, in the 1100 block of Cleveland Street.
Kayla Kain, 38, Ottawa, was arrested Tuesday at her home on a domestic battery complaint. She was taken to the county jail.
La Salle County
A vehicle driven by Scott Campbell, 28, DePue, hit a bicyclist, Matthew Berry, 29, Ottawa, at about 9 p.m. Tuesday on North 27th Road, just south of Ottawa. Berry was taken to OSF St. Elizabeth Medical Center by Grand Ridge medics. Campbell was cited on a complaint of improper overtaking and Berry was cited on a complaint of improper equipment.
Ottawa firefighters responded at 1:13 a.m. Tuesday to 704 E. Glover St. for a fire alarm. They found the detector was faulty.
Ottawa firefighters responded at 2:28 p.m. Monday to 400 W. Norris Drive for a grass fire. Firefighters believed a passing train threw sparks, causing the fire.
Ottawa firefighters responded at 1:44 p.m. Monday to 435 Park Ave. for a fire alarm. They found nothing unusual.
Ottawa firefighters responded at 12:26 p.m. Monday to 500 Mason St. for a carbon monoxide alarm. They found nothing unusual.
Streator firefighters responded at 4:48 p.m. Tuesday to 113 E. Morrell St. for a report of a natural gas odor. They found the gas company was purging gas lines, which caused the odor.