An observant passerby coupled with a quick response Friday by the Streator Fire Department contained a Wisconsin Avenue fire to the room it originated.
The resident at 410 Wisconsin Ave. was home at the time of the fire, about 11:40 a.m. Friday, and was alerted by a passerby, according to a press release issued by the Streator Fire Department. Firefighters arrived in less than three minutes and extinguished the blaze in less than five minutes. The resident suffered no injuries.
Smoke was coming from a front window of the home when firefighters arrived.
The home had light smoke and water damage. All fire damage was contained to the room and its area of origin.
The fire was considered accidental in nature and an electrical issue attributed to the cause, according to an investigation by the Streator Fire Department.
The department was assisted by the Vermilion Valley Dispatch, Streator Police Department, Advanced Medical Transport, Illinois American Water and the American Red Cross.