The Streator High School band performed "America the Beautiful" and "You're a Grand Old Flag" as part of Streator's sesquicentennial kickoff celebration Sunday.
SESQUICENTENNIAL CALENDAR OF EVENTS
• Stems and Stilettos Wine Tasting: 6 to 9 p.m. Saturday, April 14, Knights of Columbus Hall. Streator Chamber of Commerce and Industry fundraising event. Wine, craft beer, silent and live auctions. Proceeds also go toward Blessings in a Backpack and Streator Walldogs.
• Historical Presentation on Col. Ralph Plumb: 1 p.m. Saturday, April 28, Streator City Library. Presentation by Dave Reed on Col. Ralph Plumb’s life and influence.
• Streator’s Slow Roll: 10 a.m. Saturday, May 19, starts at the train station on Illinois Street. A two-hour, narrated bicycle tour of historic Streator homes. Event ends at City Park for the food truck event.
• Streator Walldogs Food Truck Event: noon to 7 p.m. Saturday, May 19, Streator City Park. Live music, craft beers and gourmet truck food. For more information, visit streatorwalldogs.com.
• Fourth of July Committee Fundraiser: 4 to 7 p.m. Sunday, May 20, VFW Hall. Chicken and spaghetti dinner. For more information, visit streators4th.org.
• Streator Walldogs Volunteer Meeting: 7 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesday, May 23, Streator City Hall. Volunteer information and orientation meeting. For more information, visit streatorwalldogs.com.
• Park Fest: 5 p.m. Friday, May 25 to Sunday, May 27, City Park. Outdoor festival featuring carnival, entertainment, food, craft, vendor booths and live music. Sponsored by Streator Community Center.
• VFW Street Dance: 7 p.m. to midnight Saturday, May 26, East Hickory Street. Live music and beer garden. Food available.
• Jammin’ at the Clock Kick-Off: 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Friday, June 1, Heritage Park at Main and Monroe streets. Live music Fridays from June 1 to Aug. 31.
• Streator Downtown Farmers Market Opening Day: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, June 2. Fresh farm produce market every Saturday from June through October.
• Relay for Life La Salle County Night of Hope: 5 to 10 p.m., Saturday, June 9, Streator City Park. Opening ceremony at 5 p.m. and closing luminary set for 10 p.m. Highlights include survivor reception, live music, entertainment, food booths, youth activities, ect. For more information, visit relayforlife.org/lasalleil.
• POCO-A-POCO Summer Music Camp: Sunday, June 10 through Saturday, June 16, Park Presbyterian Church. Over 25 hours of instruction/choral technique, concerts and more. For more information, visit pocoapoco.org.
• Historical Presentation on Regimental Flag of the 53rd Illinois Volunteer Regiment: 1 p.m. Saturday, June 16, Streator City Library. Presentation by Dave Reed on the Regimental Flag of the 53rd Illinois Volunteer Regiment.
• Pluto Fest: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, July 7, City Park. Fourth annual festival feature homebrew tastings hosted by ALES Club, crafters, vendors, children’s activities, food vendors, music and entertainment begins at noon. For more information, visit streator.org.
• Cancellation Stamp Event: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, July 7, Streator’s US Post Office. Cancellation stamp offering one day only.
• Praise in the Park: 9 a.m. Sunday, July 15, City Park. Combined worship service with St. Paul’s Evangelical Lutheran and Park Presbyterian churches. Additional churches may participate.
• Ag in the Park: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, July 28, City Park. Celebrate agriculture in Streator’s history. Farm displays, products and antique equipment on hand. Includes farmer’s market, flea market, log carvers, children rides, barnyard animals, blacksmith, music and refreshments.
• Labor Day Celebration: Friday Aug. 31 through Sunday, Sept. 2, City Park and downtown locations. Cruise Night and Car Show, one of the state’s largest car events featuring over 500 cars. Includes annual cruise night and car show, carnival, music, food and beer garden, parade and family fun.
• Streator Cruise Sock Hop: 7 to 10 p.m. Friday, Aug. 31, Streator Incubator. Sponsored by Streator Stars and Stripes Club. Music, snacks, beverages, costume contest and more will be available at the former Armory. Free for all veterans, friends, families. Donations accepted.
• Dream Machines Car Show: noon to 3 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 1, City Park. Event includes cars, cruisers and family fun.
• Dream Machines Cruise Night: 5 to 10 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 1, City Park and downtown locations. Events include cars, cruisers, food, music and family fun.
• Labor Day Parade: noon Sunday, Sept. 2, East Main Street, City Park. Sponsored by the Streator Area Chamber of Commerce and Industry. Labor recognition event featuring floats, music, state and local businesses and organizations.
• Sesquicentennial Closing Ceremony: 1:30 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 2., City Park. Closing of Streator’s Sesquicentennial Celebration Season. Includes short program and closing of the 2018 time capsule.
STREATOR WALLDOGS EVENTS
• Streator Walldogs Celebration: Wednesday, June 27 through Sunday July 1, citywide event. Sign painters and mural artists from all over the world design and paint 16 mural around the city over five days. The event features murals that focus on Streator’s rich historical heritage. For more information, visit streatorwalldogs.com.
• Streator Walldogs Celebration: 7 p.m. Wednesday, June 27, PNA Hall. Walldog artist welcome dinner.
• Streator Walldogs Celebration: 7 to 9 p.m., Wednesday, June 27, City Park. Live music event by Breaking Storm.
• Streator Walldogs Celebration: 9 p.m. Wednesday, June 27, citywide event. Walldog mural projection show at mural sites.
STREATOR 4TH EVENTS
• Streator’s Fourth of July Celebration: Thursday, June 28 through Wednesday, July 4, Northpoint Plaza and more. Features carnival, vendors, beer tent, live music, food vendors and more. For more information, visit streators4th.org.
• Opening Ceremony: 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday, June 28, Northpoint Plaza.
• Main Stage Live Entertainment: 7 p.m. to midnight Friday, June 29, Northpoint Plaza. Headline, Jordan Davis at 9 p.m.
• Main Stage Live Entertainment: 2 p.m. to midnight Saturday, June 30, Northpoint Plaza. Headline, Joe Duffie at 10 p.m.
• City Parade: Noon Sunday, July 1, Main Street. (sub) Final Day for Carnival and Main Stage live entertainment: noon to 10 p.m. Sunday, July 1.
• Pie and Ice Cream Social: 5 to 7 p.m. Monday, July 2, City Park.
• Red, White and Blue Talent Competition: 7 p.m. Tuesday, July 3, Streator High School Athletic Field.
• Fireworks: 9:15 p.m. Tuesday, July 3, Streator High School Athletic Field.
• Chicken and Waffle Box Lunch Meal: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Wednesday, July 4, City Park Lion’s Club Pavilion. Entertainment in the afternoon and auto lotto drawing at 6 p.m.
• Kid’s Parade: 1 p.m. Wednesday, July 4, Southeast corner of City Park. Children under 12 will parade decorated bikes, strollers and box floats. Little Miss Sparkler and Little Mr. Firecracker will be parade leaders.