OSF HealthCare St. Elizabeth Medical Center is a 97-bed acute care hospital at 1100 E. Norris Drive, Ottawa. A satellite location called OSF HealthCare Center for Health – Streator also offers a variety of outpatient services at 111 Spring St., Streator. A number of OSF HealthCare Medical Group physician offices also serve residents across La Salle County.
Together, these OSF HealthCare facilities have accomplished many strides this past year and welcomed many new providers, according to a news release. The most recent to begin serving include:
- Cardiology: Merrick Donenberg, MD, and Maan El-Khadra, MD.
- ENT: Terrence Loughlin, MD.
- General Surgery: Osman Mahdi Babikir, MD.
- Neurology: Jose Arbona, MD.
- OSF PromptCare: Kristin Plyer, PA.
- Pediatrics: Jennifer Kelsey, APN.
This Doctor’s Day, which is observed March 30, OSF honors its newest providers, as well as its entire physician staff, for giving their time, expertise and compassion to their patients every day.
“I am so proud to be a part of an organization where physicians are committed to providing the greatest care and love to our patients, in addition to staying at the forefront of innovation and technology in their field,” said Ken Beutke, president of OSF St. Elizabeth and OSF Center for Health – Streator. “To me, that is the essence of excellent health care.”
Along with new providers and staff came the announcement of new technology forthcoming at the OSF St. Elizabeth Radiation Oncology department. The addition of a DiscoveryTM IQ PET/CT scanner and a TrueBeamTM Linear Accelerator will allow health care providers to give patients the most advanced radiation therapy in La Salle County beginning in September.
Other recent advancements include bringing mental health services back to the Streator community. North Central Behavioral Health opened a new office within the Center for Health – Streator and joins the American Heart Association and the La Salle County Health Department’s Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) and Family Case Management programs as the third organization to co-locate within OSF HealthCare.
“As part of our commitment to the people of Streator and providing a transformed vision for health care in a rural setting, we have identified the need to strengthen our community partnerships,” Beutke said.
The commitment to serving the Ottawa and Streator communities extends to offering patients safe, high-quality care. Recent achievements include:
- High marks from the Joint Commission for Patient Care and Safety and Laboratory Compliance.
- Five straight “A” grades in the Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grades.
- Selection as a 2017 Pioneers in Quality Solution Contributor hospital for contributions to electronic clinical quality measure (eCQM) data for quality improvement in health care.
- National Blue Distinction Center+ for Maternity Care designation from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois for expertise in delivering improved patient safety and better health outcomes.
As 2018 continues, OSF HealthCare is proud to honor its commitment to serve residents of Ottawa, Streator and surrounding communities with the greatest care and love, according to a news release from the company. To learn more, visit osfsaintelizabeth.org.