A second round of local Easter egg hunts will take place this weekend. Participants are asked to bring their own containers for candy, and in almost all cases the Easter Bunny will make an appearance for photos.
United Presbyterian Church, 620 S. Ottawa St., will host an egg hunt at 10 a.m. Saturday, March 31. A craft making session will be included.
• An egg hunt, sponsored by the Marseilles Recreation Board, will commence at 11:30 a.m. Saturday, March 31, at CP’s Ice Cream in Illini State Park. Hot dogs will be served once the hunt concludes at 1:30 p.m.
• The Restorative and Therapy Department of La Salle County Nursing Home, 1380 N. 27th Road (Dee Bennett Road) will host an egg hunt for children up to age 11, 4 p.m. Friday, March 30.
• Heritage Corridor Festivities will sponsor this year’s egg hunt at 1 p.m. Saturday, March 31, at Peck Park. Activities will include prizes, raffles, a cakewalk and games. The hunt will be wheelchair-friendly.
• Heritage Woods of Ottawa, 801 E. Etna Road, will have a visit from the Easter Bunny from 10 to 11 a.m. Saturday, March 31. The bunny will pass out small gift bags to children. Guests younger than 12 also can enter for a chance to win one of three bikes or a tablet. Parents are encouraged to bring their cameras to take photos of their children with the Easter Bunny. For more information, call 815-431-1400.
• Sunday, April 1, Skydive Chicago, 3215 E 1969th Road, will sponsor an egg hunt and bunny jump from 11 a.m. to noon.
The Sandwich Park District's annual egg hunt will run from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. Saturday, March 31, at Knights Park, 1001 N. Latham St. Call 815-786-8044 for more information. Children up to age 10 can participate, and will be limited to six eggs apiece.
All children are welcome to a hunt beginning at 1 p.m. Saturday, March 31, at United Methodist Church. A treasure hunt for older children also will take place. Call Karen Zink, 815-739-9432, to learn more.
The Toluca Business Association will sponsor a 10 a.m. hunt Saturday, March 31, at the pool park. Registration will begin at 10:30 a.m.
The Utica Fire Protection District will sponsor an egg hunt beginning at 11 a.m. Saturday, March 31, in Danny Carey Memorial Park. To learn more, call 815-667-4113.
The Wenona Junior Women’s Club hunt will begin at 10 a.m. Saturday, March 31, in the village park.