VERNON HILLS – To inform parents about the process for registering their children for kindergarten, Hawthorn District 73 is holding several kindergarten parent information meetings. The meetings, which will include information about the individual schools and curriculum, will take place at the following times and locations:
• 7 p.m. Jan. 23 at School of Dual Language, 810 N. Aspen Drive, Vernon Hills.
• 7 p.m. Jan. 30 at Aspen Elementary, 500 N. Aspen Drive, Vernon Hills.
• 7 p.m. Jan. 30 at Elementary North, 301 Hawthorn Parkway, Vernon Hills.
• 7 p.m. Feb. 1 at Townline Elementary, 810 N. Aspen Drive, Vernon Hills.
• 7 p.m. Feb. 1 at Elementary South, 430 N. Aspen Drive, Vernon Hills.
Children who turn 5 on or before Sept. 1, 2018, are eligible for kindergarten for the 2018-19 school year. Parents who would like to know which Hawthorn school their children will attend can review a map of school boundary lines at http://www.hawthorn73.org/district-reorganization-plan/.
Parents should not bring registration documents with them to this meeting, which is only informational. The official districtwide kindergarten registration events will take place from 3:30 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 22 and from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Feb. 23 at Middle School South, 600 N. Aspen Drive, Vernon Hills .
To learn about the district’s kindergarten program, curriculum, schools and the registration process, email the registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the district office at 847-990-4217 or 847-990-4280.